Are You Eligible for a Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK)?
What is a Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK)?
Introduced by the Master Locksmiths Association of Australia, the Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK) is a master key that fits into specially-designed locks, providing people with disabilities 24-hours a day access to public facilities.
The system is implemented by members of the Master Locksmiths Association of Australasia in conjunction with local councils, municipalities or facility managers.
Where are the MLAK facilities in Penrith?
We’re lucky to have a number of MLAK facilities in Penrith, including:
- Tench Reserve, located at Tench Ave, Jamisontown
- Jamison Park Netball Courts, located at York Rd, Jamisontown
- Allen Place, on the Great Western Highway, Penrith
- Judges Car Park, located at Tindale St, Penrith
- Pentrith Station, located on Jane St, Penrith
- St Marys Village Shopping Centre, on Charles Hackett Dr, St Marys
- Kokoda Park, also at Charles Hackett Dr, St Marys, and
- West Lane, St Marys.
Why is there a need for the Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK)?
Unfortunately, there is often a need to lock accessible facilities after hours. The MLAK is designed to increase access to these facilities by people with disabilities.
Importantly, it reduces vandalism and keeps premises clean while ensuring that the people for whom these facilities were built for are able to access them when required, particularly after-hours or on weekends.